Terms and Agreements
1. Rentals are subject to facility availability and must be requested by persons at least 18 years of age.
2. Rental applications are for the large shelter only. The remainder of the park is open to the public on a first come, first serve basis.
3. Rental applications must be submitted with full payment a minimum of one week in advance of the rental date to the Parks and Recreation Department at City Hall, 5240 Belinder Road. Swimming Pool staff may not schedule rentals at the swimming pool.
4. City ordinances prohibit possession and consumption of alcohol on City property unless a Temporary Alcohol Beverage Permit is obtained.
5. Amplified sound is not permitted without prior approval from the Director of Parks and Recreation or his/her designee.
6. The rental group is responsible for cleanup and is to be out of the shelter by the specified end time. Any trash that does not fit in the provided receptacles must be placed in the dumpster located in the parking lot.
7. The rental group must follow all federal, state and local laws and regulations including City rules and ordinances pertaining to park usage.
8. Children and youth groups must provide one adult for every 6 children.
9. Rental fees are non-refundable. Reservations may be re-scheduled if cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the start time (subject to facility availability).
10. Any group wishing to bring in a third-party (such as clowns, disk jockey’s, caterer’s etc.) to Peterson Park must list the vendor(s) on this form at the time the application is submitted.
11. The City reserves the right to request proof of liability insurance from the rental applicant as well as any third party vendors if doing so is deemed to be in the best interest of the City. The City shall determine the level of coverage necessary, which may include requiring the rental applicant or the third party vendor to list the City of Fairway as “additional insured” and a “Certificate Holder” on the holder’s policy.
12. The City reserves the right to deny, cancel, postpone or terminate any portion of a shelter rental for safety reasons related to weather, unsafe actions of the renter or if doing so is deemed in the best interest of the City.
In connection with the performance of this Reservation, the reserving party further agrees to comply with all applicable provisions of all state and federal non-discrimination laws. Specifically, the reserving party agrees to not discriminate against any person because of race, religion, color, sex, disability, age, national origin, sexual orientation or ancestry in the admission or access to, or participation or employment in, its programs, services and activities. If the City determines that the reserving party has violated any of the applicable provisions of any state or federal law or that the reserving party has discriminated against any person because of race, religion, color, sex, disability, age, national origin, sexual orientation or ancestry, such a violation and/or discrimination shall constitute a breach of this agreement and the City may cancel terminate or suspend the reservation in whole or in part
By submitting this shelter reservation request, the reserving party has read and thoroughly understands and agrees to abide by all the rules and regulations set forth in this agreement. The reserving party further understands that failure to abide by all these rules and regulations will result in a forfeit of this reservation and any fees associated with it. The reserving party also understands that the City of Fairway does not collect a security deposit, however he/she will reimburse the City for any damages that occur during the rental period, including material and labor costs for damage, excessive mess, trash, etc.
The reserving party shall indemnify and hold the City of Fairway harmless from and against any loss, cost or damage of any nature arising out of any action or claim against Fairway, its agents or its employees, in connection with or around Peterson Park immediately prior to, immediately after and during the period for which the shelter is reserved by the above named individual, group or organization.
Release of Liability: The reserving party (be it an individual, group or organization) releases and forever discharges the City and any and all of the City's representatives, elected and appointed officials, designees and assigns from any and all claims, actions, obligations, and causes of action that the reserving party or its directors, officers, agents, representatives, employees, successors, heirs, assigns or attorneys have or may have against the City, and specifically from any and all liability, actions, claims, demands or suits arising out of, resulting from, or in any manner pertaining to this Shelter Rental.
|Facility Type||Peterson Park|
|Address Line One||6136 Mission Road|
|Address Line Two|
|City, State, Zip Code||Fairway, KS 66205|